ChatGPT and AI: Overhyped?

May 30, 2024
No alternative text description for this image

“ChatGPT and AI for public affairs / strategic communication is overhyped.”

…a sentiment many professionals secretly (sometimes very openly) share.

We are at the beginning of a long transformation, and even the current tools are incredibly powerful. As long as you instruct them properly.

Prompting is about 1) knowing what you want (the hardest bit) 2) formulating your request properly 3) applying best practices (there are many) 4) refining results (it’s often far from perfect in its first iteration) 5) integrating it in your own and your team’s workflow 6) applying the 80:20 principle (it will give you 80% of the results and you do the remaining 20% to fine-tune it).

But most importantly, it’s about imagination: there is so much more AI tools are capable of than what meets the eye. (More on this in a later post.)

See a few examples for #prompting to get better results.

(and if you are interested in getting a hands-on practical training, join Jacques Foul and me in Brussels or online in June :